The Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2012 - Youth and skills: Putting education to work was published by UNESCO on 16 October 2012. As all previous reports, the 2012 edition describes progress towards the six Education for All goals.
- Goal 1: Expanding and improving comprehensive early childhood care and education, especially for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
- Goal 2: Ensuring that by 2015 all children, particularly girls, children in difficult circumstances and those belonging to ethnic minorities, have access to, and complete, free and compulsory primary education of good quality.
- Goal 3: Ensuring that the learning needs of all young people and adults are met through equitable access to appropriate learning and life-skills programmes.
- Goal 4: Achieving a 50 per cent improvement in levels of adult literacy by 2015, especially for women, and equitable access to basic and continuing education for all adults.
- Goal 5: Eliminating gender disparities in primary and secondary education by 2005, and achieving gender equality in education by 2015, with a focus on ensuring girls’ full and equal access to and achievement in basic education of good quality.
- Goal 6: Improving all aspects of the quality of education and ensuring excellence of all so that recognized and measurable learning outcomes are achieved by all, especially in literacy, numeracy and essential life skills.
The Global Monitoring Report 2012 also takes a closer look at skills and skill development programs for urban and rural youth.
- UNESCO. 2012. EFA Global Monitoring Report 2012 - Youth and skills: Putting education to work. Paris: UNESCO. (Download in PDF format, 8.8 MB)
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2012 (official site)
- EFA Global Monitoring Reports (archive with all reports published since 2002)
- Education for All goals
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2011
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2010
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2009
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2008
Permanent URL: http://huebler.blogspot.com/2012/10/gmr.html